Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hello Life....

Nice to see you again! :)
So, as you all know that past three years have been C-RA-Z-Y for us! During this crazy, Jay and I have learned to cope through yummy delicous food! (I think food has always been a feel good thing for me...but I took it to far through the past three years) We've allowed ourselves to get lost in eating and have stopped trying to "show restraint". Basically, everything else was out of our control the past three years but food! :) Well now we've stop to look in the mirror and we just don't like what we see, how we feel, and what this lack of energy has done to our family dynamics. On top of all that, I turn 30 this July. I am bound and determined not to turn 30 feeling 50. It just isn't right! I should be loving life right now not complaining about how tired I am or how my back hurts.
At any rate, Jay and I have decided to do something about this! We've started working out at a gym every morning and are in the process of completely changing the way we see food, use food, and cook food. We're three weeks in and we are feeling great. Sure I wish there was an overnight remedy for dropping all this weight, but we certainly didn't put all this on overnight so it won't be coming off that way either! We are averaging about 3 lbs a week. The energy has returned, our drive for life is coming back, and the gym has childcare so we get a two hour break every day! he he he ;)
I thought I'd share this with everyone just so that you'd know. We're working hard and seeing the results. Maybe I'll even be brave enough to post some pictures soon............probably not! :)

3 comments:

Rach and her boys said...

yesssss Gabbie I am so excited! I want a gym with child care... I mean that is amazing! GO SKINNY :) Im excited to see the pics!!!

Anonymous said...

Yey Gabbie, I am glad to hear you are doing good and feeling good, keep up the good work!!!

Maxwell's Photography said...

Yay, for you and Jay. Our family will be doing the same. Be brave and post some pics. If you will, I will. ;)